Seattle Veterinary Specialists (SVS) is a state-of-the-art multi-specialty and 24-hour emergency/critical care facility in Kirkland, WA. SVS was founded on the concept of providing a superior level of patient care and client service, in close cooperation with the referring veterinary community. SVS focuses on collaborative medicine where teams of experts work together under one roof to combine their medical expertise, skills and experience to provide the best treatment for their patients.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician in our Emergency Department: LVT (Sunday- Tuesday 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.)
* LVT skills including, phlebotomy, medical calculations, anesthesiology, radiology, lab, surgical assisting, etc.
* Primarily responsible for nursing management of ICU patients
* Assting in the management of incoming triage patients
* Perform physical exams according to SVS procedures and protocols.
* Clean and keep stocked the emergency and/or surgical areas of the facility.
* Provide client education and counsel clients regarding post-ER home care, medication administration, etc.
* Fill take-home prescriptions as directed by the veterinarian and in accordance with state regulations.
* Take and process radiographs.
* Assist the veterinarians with other tasks as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
* LVT license
* 2+ years experience in Veterinary medicine.
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
* Ability to uphold proper safety protocols.
* Familiar and proficient with aseptic techniques.
* Familiar with basic laboratory procedures and practices.
* Familiar with basic veterinary equipment, instruments and medications.
* Able to lift 40lbs without assistance
Preferred Experience and Skills:
* ER/ICUexperience is preferred,
* Specialty Hospital experience a plus,
* 1+years expreience in leadership including metorship, coaching and training.
Our busy hospital offers excellent benefits for FT positions: medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, generous CE allowance, employee discount, Section 125/Flex plan, 401K + more.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to apply, please reply with a cover letter, resume, and wage requirements to the email address above. Please indicate in the subject line of your email, which position you are interested in.