Apply for Pushing Boundaries - Exercise Therapy Assistant
We are currently seeking a Full Time Exercise Therapy Assistant to work with our dynamic team and state of the art rehabilitative equipment in order to better the lives of our clientele and community.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, hours to be determined. 30 hours per week.
Our energetic Exercise Therapy team evaluates, develops and executes powerful recovery based therapy programs to clientele with neurological conditions resulting in paralysis. Working in conjunction with a client’s medical team, we develop and implement training programs that are personalized for each client and lead to an overall improvement in their quality of life. This position will work alongside our exercise therapy team members to implement training sessions and report the progress of clientele.
• Assists Exercise Therapists (ET’s) in creation of and execution of the therapy programs.
• Physically works on therapy floor with clients including assisting in lifting and/or moving client and performing exercise program with clients.
• Note and chart client progress during sessions as assigned by ET.
• Observe and shadow ET’s to gain a full understanding of the ET position including training program, use of technology, chart notes and proper lifting skills.
• Attends company sponsored events and participates in fundraising endeavors.
• Other duties as assigned
• A problem solver; able to identify needs and find solutions
• A person who thrives in creativity
• Extremely reliable, personable, empathetic, and encouraging
• Able to easily demonstrate understanding and compassion
• An excellent communicator – both verbally and written.
• An independent worker, but a team player and able to contribute constructively
• Motivating and encouraging
• Self-assured/confident yet hungry to learn in an ever changing industry
• Well organized, with an impressive attention to detail
• Minimum of two year Associate of Applied Science degree in a related field: Fitness/Personal Trainer, exercise science or kinesiology, or PTA, OTA.
• Minimum National certification-ACE; NSCA, ACSM, or NASM preferred.
• CPR/First aid/AED required.
• ACSM-Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer (CIFT) a plus (required within first 60 days of hire date)
• Facilitated Electrical Stimulation (FES) experience a plus.
• Practical hands on experience personal training.
• General knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Excellent physical condition, physical endurance, and personal biomechanics required due to the strenuous demands of physical participation with clients in their individual intensive therapy program.
• Frequent standing, bending, walking and sitting.
• Moderate frequency of lifting up to 100 pounds.
• Must be able to use and work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.
Competitive Benefits Package includes:
• Company Paid Medical/Dental/Vision
• 3 weeks paid vacation & sick time
• Full range of supplemental Aflac services available
Pushing Boundaries began in 2005 to fill the gap between traditional post-acute care and daily life after an injury or illness. Over the last twelve years, Pushing Boundaries has delivered approximately 57,000 hours in subsidized therapy to people battling paralysis. As the only facility in the Northwest to provide programs that assist with recovery of function, clients travel from across the region to participate in dynamic, out of the box, recovery focused programs.
Our mission is to deliver intensive exercise therapy that strengthens and supports people living with paralysis, and their families, to maximize health and improve quality of life. There are an estimated 70,000 people in the Puget Sound region living with spinal cord injury, stroke, traumatic brain injury or degenerative illnesses such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Parkinson’s.
If this sounds like an exciting position please submit your cover letter, resume and wage requirements!
**Online Applications Only: no phone calls or direct e-mails please.**
Redmond, WA, US